Aspiring Educators and Leaders Scholarship
About the Program
- Up to 5 scholarships at $1000 each for high school seniors of member schools from across the state.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic success during their time at a New York state charter school.
- Applicants must have a track record of service to their school or home community through extracurricular or after-school activities.
- Applicants must intend to focus their college studies in pursuit of a career in education or social service.
- Winners will be announced at a statewide webinar in early May.
- Applicants must be a graduating senior (Spring of 2022) from a charter high school that is a current NYCSA member.
- Three required components of the application include:
- School Transcript demonstrating an outstanding scholastic record that positions the applicant to succeed at the college or university level.
- Essay (1000 words max) detailing how the applicant’s charter school experience and education in general has played an important role in their life and inspires their future studies in pursuit of a career in teaching or social service.
- Video (5 minutes max) or Paper Resume highlighting extracurricular activities, work or volunteer experience, and/or leadership roles held or completed in their school or home community.
Submit Your Application
- Scholarship applicants can submit their materials by clicking the button below.
- November 1st, 2021-April 1st, 2022- Students may submit scholarship applications through the NYCSA website.
- April 1st, 2022 – Application submission deadline.
- April 22nd, 2022 – Notification of award or non-award to all applicants.
- May 10th, 2022 – Virtual awards ceremony for winners