About the Program
The Aspiring Educators Scholarship will award up to five $1,000 scholarships to outstanding high school seniors pursuing a degree in education to assist with higher education costs.
This program aims to support the charter school community’s efforts of diversifying our teacher workforce to better align with the demographics of the families we serve while encouraging current charter school students to pursue a degree in education.
- Applicants must be a graduating senior from a charter high school that is a current NYCSA member pursuing a degree in Education. To check if your school is a current NYCSA member, click here.
- Three components of the application include:
- Transcript demonstrating an outstanding scholastic record that positions the applicant to succeed at the college or university level.
- Resume highlighting extracurricular activities, work experience, and volunteer work.
- Essay (1000 words max) detailing the applicant’s charter school experience and its importance in the life of the applicant and why that has inspired them to want to focus their studies on education.
- Winners will be required to provide proof of their enrollment into an accredited four-year or two-year public or private university or college.
Submit Your Application
To submit your application for the Aspiring Educators Scholarship, please click the button below and fill out the form in its entirety. You will receive a confirmation email once your information is submitted. Your information, including files you submit, will not be shared with any other entity.