A meeting of the SUNY Board of Trustees’ Charter Schools Committee (the “Committee”) was held today, Wednesday, February 24, 2021. Attendees included Committee members and staff of the SUNY Charter Schools Institute (the “Institute”) as well as some representatives of the schools undergoing votes by the Committee.
The Committee addressed the following resolutions:
Application for Charter Renewal
The Committee discussed and unanimously approved the proposed full-term charter renewal applications for the following schools:
- Brooklyn Prospect Charter School – CSD 13: See the full resolution and renewal report.
- Capital Preparatory Harlem Charter School: See the full resolution and renewal report.
- Green Tech Charter School: See the full resolution and renewal report.
- Harlem Prep Charter School: See the full resolution and renewal report.
- New York City Charter School of the Arts: See the full resolution and renewal report.
Application for Charter Revisions
The Committee discussed and unanimously approved the following charter revisions:
- The International Charter School of New York into Brooklyn Prospect Charter School
sought a revision to merge the two schools. Brooklyn Prospect
Charter School, which operates three charter schools, will be the successor
The Institute, in its report to the Committee, reported on the following revision approved by the Institute under the provisions of the SUNY Board of Trustees’ delegation of duties to the Institute:
- DREAM Charter School Highbridge (formerly DREAM Charter School Hunts Point) and Brooklyn Ascend Charter School 6 both sought revisions to include a planning year in their charters.
To read more about these resolutions, read public hearing summaries and watch a playback of the meeting, visit the Board of Trustees’ meeting page.
We look forward to sharing updates from meetings of the state’s charter school authorizers as they occur. As always, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.