ABOUT: The New York Charter Schools Association is the non-partisan, nonprofit membership organization serving as the unified voice for the over 300 public charter schools in New York State and representing their interest at the state and local levels.
POSITION: In support of the New York Charter Schools Association, the Research & Data Analyst will be responsible for managing all research and data analysis needs for the Association.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities generally include but will not be limited to the activities identified below.
Policy Research and Analysis: the Research & Data Analyst will support the advocacy research and analysis needs of the Association by:
- Researching and analyzing proposed legislation that impacts the charter school community;
- Drafting policy position proposals and whitepapers;
- Summarizing proposed legislation that could impact the charter sector in New York State; and
- Creating reports and other documents for internal and external audiences.
Education Data Tracking and Reporting: the Research & Data Analyst will create a system for tracking and reporting on various data points of interest to the charter community, including:
- Maintaining a database of information about all schools in New York State;
- Creating a system for collecting data from the New York State report card database and other sources several places on the NYSED website, charter school annual reports, and charter school report cards;
- Performing analyses on the state dataset as requested;
- Performing deep analyses of the dataset to identify trends and insights; and
- Creating reports 1-pagers and other documents for meetings with legislators.internal and external audiences.
Miscellaneous Data Tracking and Analysis Projects: the Research & Data Analyst will partner with others at the organization to identify and meet data tracking needs including:
- Work with other Association team members on projects and special initiatives in support of the initiatives’ goals and internal data tracking needs.
- Strong Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets skills required;
- Experience using SQL preferred;
- New York charter school experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Spanish fluency is preferred
To apply, submit your resume and information to: https://forms.gle/C3xUApGGRD1AZNEs7