ABOUT: The New York Charter Schools Association is the non-partisan, nonprofit membership organization serving as the unified voice for the over 300 public charter schools in New York State and representing their interest at the state and local levels.
POSITION: In support of the New York Charter Schools Association, the Director of Community Engagement (DCE) will be responsible for leading the Association’s community engagement initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director Community Engagement will lead region-specific and statewide initiatives and processes aimed at strengthening charter schools’ connection to the community statewide and in each region of the state, including managing a team of Community Engagement Managers throughout the state. Responsibilities generally include but will not be limited to the activities identified below.
Region Specific School & Community Engagement: The Director of Community Engagement will oversee a team of Community Engagement Managers working with schools in each region of the state where charter schools are located. Through this team, the DCE will be responsible for the following in each region:
- Creating and managing regional strategic plans for the charter movement in each community;
- Working in partnership with the Association’s policy and communications teams to create a school-based media/communications strategy in support of policy efforts, including targeted messaging for all levels of engagement;
- Defining and leading work on special initiatives in each region; and
- Developing and maintaining relationships with charter school leaders and staff across New York state.
Statewide School & Community Engagement: the DCE will lead and manage initiatives aimed at improving the operating environment for charter schools statewide, including:
- Defining and leading work on special programming aimed at benefiting the charter community throughout New York State;
- Coaching employees on statewide initiatives and other activities;
- Collaborating with the Association’s Policy and Communications teams on initiatives including but not limited to advocacy, media and other efforts; and
- Collaborating with other advocacy organisations, both those that represent charter schools as well as other related education and other issues.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Spanish fluency is preferred.
- Charter school experience is preferred.
To apply, submit your resume and information to: https://forms.gle/GrKn8LqttLfxJRVx9.