ABOUT: The New York Charter Schools Association is the non-partisan, nonprofit membership organization serving as the unified voice for the over 300 public charter schools in New York State and representing their interest at the state and local levels.
POSITION: In support of the New York Charter Schools Association, the Community Engagement Manager (CEM) will serve as amember of the Association’s Community Engagement team. The CEM will assist in the development of and manage initiatives that connect schools statewide, manage the Association’s partnerships with community groups, and provide technical support and advice on interacting with Spanish speaking communities.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities generally include but will not be limited to the activities identified below.
Statewide Community Engagement, including:
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with community, school, and other key community groups throughout the state, particularly Spanish speaking constituencies;
- Creating and maintaining relationships with state and local elected leaders serving areas of the state where charter schools are located;
- Creating an annual community engagement plan, including goals and a plan for reporting on those goals;
- Attending and speaking on behalf of the Association at various meetings and hearings;
- Serving as a media point of contact regarding the Association’s community engagement initiatives;
- Connect with schools and local communities in planning to better serve Spanish speaking communities and to support of the Association’s activities; and
- Identify additional school supports to help the Association best serve schools.
Leadership of Special and Grassroots Advocacy Initiatives, including:
- Supporting the Association’s work on the New York State Parent Council, including its work on advocacy initiatives that support the charter community statewide; and
- Identifying and managing new grassroots advocacy initiatives .
- Bilingual Spanish/English reading, writing and speaking fluency is required.
- Charter School experience is a plus.
To apply, submit your resume and information to: https://forms.gle/2r16zECPo2kpDa9R8