NOTE: Submit your application at https://forms.gle/unQC4qgu1tZa4MWD7
ABOUT: The New York Charter Schools Association is the non-partisan, nonprofit membership organization serving as the unified voice for the over 300 public charter schools in New York State and representing their interest at the state and local levels.
POSITION: In support of the New York Charter Schools Association, the School & Community Engagement Manager (CEM) will serve as a member of the Association’s Community Engagement team. The CEM will assist in the development of and manage initiatives that connect schools in the Rochester area and statewide and manage the Association’s partnerships with local community groups. While much of this work will happen in the Rochester area, the candidate should be prepared for occasional travel throughout the state.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities generally include but will not be limited to the activities identified below.
Charter School Engagement including:
- Supporting local charter schools in the areas of technical advice, partnership, advocacy, region-wide communications, and management of region-wide projects;
- Creating and executing on an engagement strategy for all Rochester area charter schools;
- Working with charter school leaders and the New York Charter Schools Association team to ensure each Rochester-area school stays current on its membership;
- Convening and setting the agenda for monthly Regional School Leader meetings for Rochester-area charter school leaders;
- Establishing a presence in each Rochester-area charter school by attending events and making visits throughout the year;
- Connecting area charter schools with elected officials, including bringing elected officials into schools for visits;
- Leading area charter schools on effective partnership and communications with local school districts;
- Acting on various community organizations to represent the local charter schools’ views;
- Convening specific charter working groups including the Special Education Working Group;
- Identifying additional school supports to help the Association best serve schools; and
- Engaging in other activities aimed at furthering the interests of Rochester area charter schools.
- Communicate with schools about upcoming opportunities and events of interest to the whole sector, including programs and supports provided by the Association.
Community Engagement, including:
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with community, school, and other key community groups within Rochester and Monroe County;
- Creating and maintaining relationships with state and local elected leaders serving Rochester and Monroe County;
- Creating an annual community engagement plan, including goals and a plan for reporting on those goals;
- Attending and speaking on behalf of the Association and the charter school sector at various meetings and hearings; and
- Serving as a media point of contact regarding the Association’s community engagement initiatives.
Leadership of Special and Grassroots Advocacy Initiatives, including:
- Supporting the Association’s advocacy initiatives that support the charter community in the Rochester area and statewide, including special event planning and execution.
- Experience leading or working in a charter school strongly preferred;
- Connection to, or knowledge of, Rochester and Monroe County, including public agencies and entities and community-based organizations, strongly preferred.
To apply, submit your resume and information to: https://forms.gle/unQC4qgu1tZa4MWD7